Monday, October 17, 2005

back

We returned yesterday from our travel: an experience that can be rated as one of my best. It was about 48 hours by train to return from Bikaner. the north western part of Rajasthan. I feel good having travelled to such extreme points on our functional map. I felt very groggy and disoriented yesterday as if I had a hangover. It was a mixture of feelings. A longing to stay back in the desert, the irritation of travelling 48 hours in the stench of dirty toilets, the impending work and routines that are round the corner. Peculiar to this confusion is a desire to make plans for travel all over again. I was hunched at my computer trying to look for other organsied tours in the desert. It is surely madness but it is also one way of coming to terms with the end of a holiday.

We are now waiting for the pictures to arrive. The pictures have turned into a serious business, not just an exercise in nostalgia since our objective is to write our travel diary and post our pictures in it. There is also music to go along. We recorded some great local rjasthani songs. I have to now pull myself together to begin writing the 'desert notes'.

I woke up this morning early to get into shape. After a holiday I tend to plan fresh for the next six months. My priority is to go to a gymn to exercise. Otherwise I find my body unfit and loose. The swimming session was buried unceremoniously quite early in its career. I am still not in the mood to learn swimming afresh and to come to terms with a new medium. I would rather go to a gym. Have to find a gym immediately.

There is lot of work pending. Cases, writing, publishing the travel diary and so on and so forth. Since Diwali is round the corner, I also have to buy clothes for everyone in our complex. This is one festival that I like. So much of lights and bonhomie.

Oops. I am really drifting. But thats how morning thoughts always are. In a sense taking stock of the situation. I feel I have been away for a long time. A good holiday gives a solid break from the routine. MAybe that is the way to measure the quality of a holiday.

Readers, very soon u will find Bikaner unfolding before your eyes in prose and pictures. I am making a public announcement so that I have an accountability to write.

The coffee tastes bitter this morning. My tongue is now used to the sweetened tea and coffee that I was drinking the last ten days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.