Thursday, September 15, 2005

blown fuse

I came home. It was dark. Unlocked the house and walked in. Switched on a lamp and the fuse went off. Silently told myself that I ahve to replace the bulb. Groped around in the darkness until I found the other light switch. Switched it on to see the loneliness spreading around. Threw my bag in a corner. Walked into the bathroom and switched on the geyser. My next stop was the kitchen . My housekeeper has made some food and tucked it into the fridge. I need to just cook some rice. There is nothing to do. I dont have the initiative to switch on the world space too. Walked into my office and switched on the computer. Chatted for a few minutes and then I back to my writing.

The evening is the loneliest of all hours. I cant read as I am too tired. I dont know. This is depressing. i dont want to write anymore about this. reminds me of all the lonely people on earth.

There are some who have the skill of writing poetry about loneliness. Most poetry and lovesongs are about being left alone and left behind. Coming to this interesting topic called love songs, I have a problem with the canvas that a love song spreads out. It is mostly so limited. One is either celebrating love and lust or lamenting that he/she has left. There are very few songs which cover the acres of middle ground that is there between these two extremes. Maybe that is the reason they are love songs. Exceptions are some of the blues traditions and old singers like Bessie Smith who have scripted some interesting songs. Otherwise they are all the same. Where are the nuances, where are the subtleties, where are the bylanes of love?

How do i change the way my blog looks? I dont like the green which I am inhabiting.Atleast some comments on this topic will be appreciated.

Some more later. I want to now read what others have scribbled on their blogs. My readers maybe wondering about me. Is this the way I spend my evenings? Yeah, most of the times they are as uninteresting as today.

No comments: